This one is all about places. There's one about states but this one counts cities, countries, and fictional locations too. Read a book set in a location for each letter of the alphabet. West Virginia only counts for W, Bowling Green only counts for B, but the Pern series by Anne McCaffrey that is on a fictional planet counts as P ;-)
The sign up post is here: Where are you Reading? and is being hosted by Book Dragon's Lair.
You don’t need a blog to participate. Feel free to link to a Goodreads shelf or another public profile where everyone can see your books.
There is one hard rule, one just for general courtesy, and several guidelines. There are no levels, unless you want to do a second set of letters.
The book in question must have an ISBN or equivalent. If you can buy it or borrow it, it counts -
When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post. That way we can find it.
1. You can list your books in advance or as you read them. You can also change your list.
2. Any format, any genre or length of book counts but it must be the complete book, individual books in a collection do not count separately.
3. Anyone can join, you don’t need to be a blogger, just let me know in the comments.
4. Reviews are not necessary but a list of books you read is. There will be a link up for reviews if you wish to post them. You can make a list of books you want to read and change them if you'd like.
5. Crossovers for other challenges count.
6. Books started before January 1st, 2017 don’t count - unless you start over. ;-)
A: (Alaska, USA) Blood Will Tell - Dana Stabenow (January '17)
C: (Cote D'azur, France) Jacquot and the Fifteen - Martin O'Brien (Feb '17)
D: (Devon, UK) North Face - Mary Renault (March '17)
F: (France) Best Foot Forward - Susie Kelly (May '17)
I: (Italy) Excursion to Tindari - Andrea Camilleri (July '17)
L: (Lewis - The Outer Hebrides, Scotland) The Lewis Man - Peter May (January '17)
M: (Minnesota, USA) The Lost Girls - Heather Young (Feb '17)
N: (Norfolk, England) The Woman in Blue - Elly Griffiths (May '17)
O: (Oxford, England) Death on the Cherwell - Mavis Doriel Hay (June '17)
P: (Philadelphia, PA, USA) The Signature of All Things - Elizabeth Gilbert (February '17)
Q: (Quebec, Canada) The Brutal Telling - Louise Penny (Mar. '17)
S: (St. Denis, Perigord, France) Bruno, Chief of Police - Martin Walker (June '17)
T: (Three Worlds, The) The Cloud Roads - Martha Wells (March '17)
U: (Utah, USA) To Helvetica and Back - Paige Shelton (Mar. '17)
W: (Wisconsin, USA) Way Station - Clifford D. Simak (Feb. '17)
Sooooo, that's 14 letters filled, 12 to go. I have books to cover a few of the vacant letters, B, G and H for instance, and probably others if I care to search properly amongst the TBR mountain. Quite pleased with some of the destinations... various lovely US States, nice parts of France, Canada, Scotland, England and so on. Possibly I should vary the countries a bit more but those are the places I like reading about so it's a very much a list which reflects me and I can't think that that's really such a bad thing.