Saturday 24 February 2018

A few more jigsaw puzzles


My jigsaw compulsion continues unabated, though I am reading too because there's very little on TV in the evenings to keep my interest. I'm not much into sport and at the moment it's all Winter Olympics, Football, Rugby... Anyway, these are some I've been doing over the last six weeks or so.



The castle in Germany whose name I can't pronounce - Neushwanstein - beautiful place anyway. This one is 1,500 pieces and was a bit tricky.



This one is entitled 'Skaters' and was painted by Kevin Walsh. 3,000 pieces, very enjoyable to do.



Quick and easy, The Flower Show, 1,000 pieces, a library puzzle with a piece missing.



Christmas gift, really delightful to do and featuring one of my favourite things - old books. 1,000 pieces.



'Olde Worlde Inns' (all in England from what I can see), 1,500 pieces another library puzzle but all there this time.



Another library one, 1,000 pieces, a bit Christmassy for February but who cares? It was lovely to do.



1,000 pieces showing, obviously, loads of stamps. As an ex-stamp collector this was a real trip down memory lane for me. One of my own this time.

I think my jigsaw 'to-do' pile is almost as big as my book 'to-be-read' pile. LOL!

~~~oOo~~~

10 comments:

DesLily said...

These are all since when?? You are amazing! I would be "extremely lucky" if I got the frame done! lol

Cath said...

LOL, Sis!!! Er... these are in the last 6 weeks or so. I started the first of this lot, the castle puzzle, on the 10th January.

Peggy Ann said...

WOW! Cath, you do really tough puzzles. I would never even attempt that castle one! They are all beautiful. I've never done one with more than 1000 pieces. I do have a big table down in the basement now though that would fit one.

BooksPlease said...

Fantastic! You really are a jigsaw genius.

Anonymous said...

You motor through the jigsaw at an alarming rate! Takes me weeks.

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Cath,

I always have a jigsaw on the go, but they do take me weeks to finish, so your little collection would probably last me for the year!

The snowy/icy castle scene looks a bit too close to reality this week :(

My favourites would be the books and the stamps, which I also used to collect as a child, back in the days when people wrote letters and I had pen pals all over the world, and I like that you have used the book puzzle as your new blog header.

I recently finished 'The Bizarre Bookshop No 2' Jigsaw by Ravensburger, it was great fun and I have a couple more from the series in my TBD of jigsaws...

http://www.fiction-books.biz/my-latest-news-and-musings/time-for-something-completely-different/

Thanks for sharing and Happy Puzzling in this Arctic spell of weather :)

Yvonne

Mae Travels said...

Jigsaw puzzles used to amuse me but I guess I maxed out -- haven't done one in years. When you are finished do you put them back in the box and gift them to a library sale or the like? Or do you mount them and save them? I wonder why used ones seem to arrive minus one piece!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Cath said...

Peggy: Yeah, I must admit I am a sucker for big, difficult jigsaws. LOL

Margaret: LOL... not really... there are people on the jigsaw FB groups who're much quicker at them than me and who're doing puzzles with over 10,000 pieces.

Jo: I started when I was four and I suppose have worked up a decent speed now. :-)

Yvonne: Yes, that castle scene is rather close to what we have today. We have a covering at the moment but it's not very deep.

Yes, it was really common for children of our generation to collect stamps. These days I don't think children do but am not certain. Thank you, the book puzzle was a bit expenive so I thought it could earn its keep by acting as my header for a while. :-)

I'll check out your link in a moment though I thought I had spotted all of your jigsaw posts.

Arctic is right. Brrr.

Mae: I keep some to do again, the nice ones. Others go to the charity shops and some I get via my daughter from a jigsaw library and those go back to her. I've not had too many missing pieces with used ones but it does happen. I don't mind as long as I know about it in advance.

Unknown said...

Cath, I'm finding that my puzzling has cut deeply into my reading time these last few months. Where I used to read and review 2-3 books a week, I'm lucky to do half-a-dozen a month now - and my reviews are not formal ones anymore, but more notes to myself. Life, though, comes in phases for me...and I just ride the wave.

Cath said...

Sam: You're right about life coming in phases. I spent years in the 1980s and 90s producing wonderful cross-stitch embroidery and little else, then for the last ten years I've been reading a lot. Now I'm puzzling, although I have been doing that since I was four, just not all the time. I still try to read but it does suffer with the jigsaws I have to admit. Like you, I just ride the wave.